Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Please be sure someone is dead before you hope they rest in peace!!smh

Hugh Hefner: I'm alive and kicking

The Internet apparently tried to claim the life of another celebrity last night, as social media reports circulated that Playboy founder Hugh Hefner had died.
The 85-year-old cleared up the gossip on his Twitter account, writing, “The rumors of my death are, as Mark Twain observed in a similar situation, greatly exaggerated. I'm very much alive & kicking.”
And to prove how much alive, he added, “I'm lying in bed next to [my girlfriend] Shera with a big smile on my face, reading tweets about my unexpected demise.”
A lot of the tweets were sent by confused users, like @WolfesMother: “Weird rumour doing the rounds...Hugh Hefner has gone to the big mansion in the sky?! Prob just a rumour, cause he's immortal right?!”
Tuesday morning, Hef’s name was a trending topic on Twitter, but it was thanks to users trying to explain that the famed bachelor hasn’t departed yet. Wrote @nattymichelle: “Confession: I felt sad that Hugh Hefner died until I realized it was a hoax. Not nice, Twitterers!”
Perhaps the reports started because someone was concerned heartbreak would do Hef in, seeing that he went through a very public breakup with his former fiancee Crystal Harris in June. But any concern seems to be unwarranted - not only does he have a few new girlfriends, but he's also looking forward to Lifetime's special about his wedding-that-almost-was.
"The guys & I watched an early edit of 'Hef's Runaway Bride' tonight," he wrote after confirming he's still alive. "The fans are going to love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment